At Kaden, nothing is more important to us than the success of our customers and patients, and with that comes the protection and confidentiality of their personal data. We understand the significance of the privacy and security of your information and we are committed to providing a highly secure and reliable environment you can trust.
What personal data do we collect about you?
- Your first and last name (where requested, for example, on our investor page or areas you fill out for more information from us);
- Social media name and profile;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Geographic Location (this could be your home or office or from where ever you are accessing the Site);
- Contact details (e.g., telephone number, fax number, e-mail address); or
- Other information you voluntarily provide.
When do we collect personal data about you?
Kaden does not collect Personal Data from you through the Site unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. We may ask you to voluntarily provide certain Personal Data at places on the Site.
For example, we may collect Personal Data from you when you:
- Register for additional content or information;
- Subscribe to our newsletters;
- Open or respond to our e-mails;
- When you voluntarily provide us with information through our customer surveys which we may then link to Personal Data that we previously collected about you;
- Contact customer service or make use of our customer support tools;
- Connect, link or “share” our Site via social networking sites;
- Apply for a job at Kaden through a link on our site or through our Site.
If you give us Personal Data of a third party, you represent that you have provided notice to, and received authorization to provide such information from, that third party.
How do we use personal data?
We use the Personal Data we collect when we have legitimate business reasons to do so, pursued by a third party or us, so long as it is compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy. This includes to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site, our services, and our products;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Validate your ability to access certain site services;
- Allow you to interact with certain third-party content service providers (for example, to enable you to link to, or view content from, third-party sites within our Site, or view our content on a third-party site);
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so;
- Administer online surveys or special offers from us or through our third-party business partners;
- Improve our Site, customer service, products and services and overall user experience;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- Identify your preferences so can we notify you of new or additional updates to our products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data, for example, to send you newsletters or directly market our products of services, you can opt out of those emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the email.
What about sensitive personal data?
Sensitive personal data as used in this policy means information related to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic or biometric data, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background or trade union membership.
This Site does not collect sensitive personal data.
What other information do we collect?
Similar to most websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic collection technologies to gather certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including the resources that you access and use on our Site, traffic data, location data, logs, language;
- Date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system, host domain, and browser type (for example Google Chrome or Internet Explorer); or
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine Site traffic patterns;
- Count the number of Site visits;
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site;
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular; and
- Determine the frequency and last date of your visit to our Site.
Cookies and other technologies
By collecting this information, we can better understand how you interact with our Site; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by tracking your preferences; improve our Site; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our e-mails; and provide more effective customer service.
You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
Social Media Plug-In. Our Site uses social plugins (“plugins”) from social networks LinkedIn and Facebook. These plugins are indicated by the social networks’ respective logos on our Site. When you access the Site, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The plugin content is transferred by the social network directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the Site.
Integration of the plugin allows the social media networks to receive the information that you have loaded onto the corresponding page of Site. If you are logged in with Facebook, for example, it will be able to assign your visit to your account. An exchange of this information already takes place when you visit our Site, regardless of whether you interact with the plugin or not. If you interact with the plugins, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there. You can find information on how the data is used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your privacy on the social networks’ websites.
If you do not want social networks to gather data about you via our Site, you must log out of the social network domain before visiting our Site. To prevent information being exchanged with the social networks during your visit to our Site, you can opt out of cookies through your browser settings and other tools.
This policy does not address, nor do we control or have responsibility for, the policies or practices of any third parties or any third-party sites to which this Site links. If you provide any information to such third parties, different rules regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them. These other sites may send their own cookies or clear GIFs to users, collect data or solicit Personal Data. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their privacy practices.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How do we share information?
Kaden is committed to keeping your Personal Data confidential. We do not sell, trade, or rent to third parties Personal Data that is collected on the Site, except as provided in this policy.
We may share your Personal Data as required or permitted by law as follows:
- With our contractors, suppliers and vendors who provide services for us on our behalf, such as data analytics and storage; assistance with direct marketing and distribution of e-mails and other communications; fraud prevention services; delivery and logistics; and to accomplish the other purposes for collection described above;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- With your consent.
We also may disclose information we collect automatically:
- For the same reasons we might share Personal Data;
- With third-party advertisers or other vendors to place our advertisements on our Site and on third-party sites, to facilitate targeted content, and to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements.
Access to your Personal Data is limited by need. Only a restricted number of Kaden employees, and individuals and entities with whom Kaden contracts to carry out business will have access to your Personal Data for the purposes described above.
Your rights regarding your personal data
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including the following:
- Access : The right to request access to your Personal Data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and information related to how it is processed;
- Rectify or Erase : The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- Restrict : The right to restrict obtain a restriction of processing concerning your Personal Data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your Personal Data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data);
- Object : The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances, including objecting to processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, or objecting to processing your Personal Data when it is done based upon legitimate interests;
- Data Portability : The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your Personal Data transmitted from us to another controller; and
- Consent : Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and in accordance with applicable law.
What about site security?
Kaden takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your Personal Data and the security of the Site. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Data. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
How long do we retain personal data?
Kaden retains your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required by law or to fulfill a legal obligation. In accordance with applicable law, Kaden will erase your Personal Data when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing.
What about children’s privacy?
Kaden does not intend that any portion of its Site to be accessed or used by children under the age of 18, and such use is prohibited. Our Site is designed and intended for adults. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old.
Is personal data transferred internationally?
Kaden is not a global company. In certain cases, your Personal Data will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
Last Updated: January 2019